Your privacy is important to the USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc., (“UMMA” or “we”) a private tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation doing business as the Battleship Missouri Memorial, located in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. The UMMA is committed to balancing the privacy of member, donor, user, and online visitor information with the vast information or opportunities that may be of interest to the user of our websites, which include the following sites: www.ussmissouri.org, www.ussmissouri.com and www.mightymomembers.org to which these policies apply.
IP ADDRESSES AND EMAIL
In order to improve the content of our web sites, our web servers automatically record the IP addresses of visitors so that we may collect information on how visitors use the UMMA online environments. We will also record your email address for this same purpose if you email us. If you make an online purchase, we may also collect your email and/or your mailing address to contact you for marketing purposes. UMMA is committed to protecting the privacy of those who use its websites, or use related products and services offered by UMMA. We take great care to maintain the privacy of your information using appropriate security technologies and by adherence to policies to prevent unauthorized use of your personal information. Keeping your personal information that we collect is of utmost concern to us. Personal information collected by the Website is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. The sites compile conventional log files to monitor and assess activity including traffic and visits on, and related to, the site. This activity does not specifically identify any individual user without prior notice to the user through use of the site. Your privacy is very important to us. If you feel that your privacy has been violated or that UMMA website has misused your information in any way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can visit www.ussmissouri.org, www.ussmissouri.com and www.mightymomembers.org. without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. However, to access certain portions (member login) of the website, you may have to submit information such as user-id and password, or to access some services we provide, you may have to give us personal information such as your name and address and email.
You are not required to provide any personal information on our website unless you choose to do so. We ask for personal information on our online donation pages, and use this information to acknowledge receipt of your donation for tax purposes. In addition, your name and other information will be placed on our mailing list. If you do not want your personal information to go on our mailing list, uncheck the box at the end of the section.
If you wish to make a donation in honor of or in memory of someone, we will not use the information you give us about that individual for any other purposes.
We do not, for any reason, sell, give or otherwise transfer, your email address to any third party for any reason, except as may be permitted under the section below entitled “Non Disclosure Policy”.
NON DISCLOSURE POLICY
We generally do not use or disclose information about your individual visits to our websites www.ussmissouri.org, www.ussmissouri.com and www.mightymomembers.org to external third parties. The information we collect is used to improve and enhance the content and services of our websites. In general, UMMA uses the personal information it collects to pursue our mission and operations, including the management of our websites, and to engage in related activities. You should assume that UMMA will use all information for all lawful purposes.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, UMMA reserves the right to use, disclose, share, sell, retain and otherwise deal with (collectively "disclose") all information collected via its websites, internally or to third parties, for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others. For example and without limitation, in our discretion we may disclose information:
- To service providers and others in order to deal with requests and questions from you; to personalize or enhance transactions; to verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions; and to assist or respond to any of the forgoing or our consultants (such as auditors and lenders);
- To government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft, including voluntary disclosures;
- About any matter relating to the websites or your account;
- We reserve the right (but do not undertake a duty) to notify you of court orders, subpoenas or other legal process (if allowed). If you do not want us to respond to legal process compelling us to disclose your information, you need to seek a valid order permitting us to refuse to disclose it and serve the order on us at least 3 business days before the response deadline; and
UMMA generally will retain information for as long as required, allowed or for as long as UMMA believes it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. UMMA may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law.
OPT OUT RIGHTS
The UMMA website gives you the opportunity to opt out of receiving additional information from us. If you do not want to receive additional information, please uncheck the boxes at the point at which we request that information. Members may opt in or opt out by logging in to the member zone and updating their profile at any time.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The UMMA web site contains links to third party web sites whose privacy policies may differ from ours. The linked sites are not under the control of the UMMA, and the UMMA is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or their privacy practices. The UMMA provides these links as a convenience only, and a link does not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site by the UMMA.
The Battleship’s story and her contributions are best told through the former crewmembers, leadership in our community and family members. On occasion we ask individual contributors to submit their story so that we can post their reflections on our website, share with other donors/members/ visitors and or use in public presentations. Anonymity for the storyteller is not honored. Further curatorial research and verification may be required for accuracy, but ultimately UMMA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of the stories shared. Further, in the course of such stories, you may be sharing information about others.
Online details can be found on our provider’s website. We have selected Blackbaud Merchant Services as our online provider for accepting donations (merchant provider). Blackbaud Net Community (BBNC) is our database provider and Salesforce Foundation.com is our customer service and faq provider. Our email service is a combination of Microsoft outlook, BBNC, and Salesforce.
The UMMA Web Site Is Proprietary to the USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc.
All of the text, images, marks, logomarks, and other content of the UMMA web site ("Site Content") are proprietary to the UMMA or used consistent with the owner's permission or applicable law or regulation. The UMMA authorizes you to view, download, and print the Site Content subject to the following conditions:
- You may only do so for your own personal and noncommercial use
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices that have been placed in or near the Site Content by the UMMA
- You may not modify the Site Content
- Any displays or printouts of the Site Content must be marked "(c) [insert year of display or printout] The USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc. All rights reserved."
- You must adhere to any and all additional terms or restrictions provided within individual sections of the web sites relating to particular Site Content.
- Except as expressly permitted above, reproduction or redistribution of the Site Content or any portion of the Site Content is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of the UMMA. To request permission please contact: email@example.com
All parties downloading, printing, or using the Site Content in any manner, represent and warrant that their use will be consistent with this license and that they will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract with or legal duty to any other parties. If you have any questions or comments about this site, please direct them to the above.
Use of the UMMA Logomark on Another Entity's Web Site
The UMMA's online logomark may not be copied, displayed, or used in any way without prior written authorization from the UMMA. From time to time, at its sole discretion, the UMMA may permit another entity to use the UMMA online logomark on its own web site. To request permission to use the UMMA's online logomark on your own web site, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
By displaying, copying, or using the UMMA's online logomark in any way, you are hereby agreeing to the following:
- You have obtained permission from the UMMA as described above
- You will comply with any and all conditions regarding use of the UMMA online logomark that the UMMA may provide you
- All displays and uses of the UMMA logomark will include the ® mark contained in the logomark image file provided by the UMMA
- All displays and uses of the UMMA logomark will include an ALT tag containing the text "Used by permission, the USS Missouri Memorial Association, Inc."
- You will make no alterations to the appearance of the logomark or the ® mark on the logomark, or to the text of the required ALT tag
- Any use of the MOF logomark online outside the UMMA web site will be linked to the UMMA web site home page
- To the extent that goodwill arises from your use of the logomark, it will inure to the UMMA
- You will display or use the logomark in conformance with the permission granted by the UMMA and only in connection with goods and services of the same high quality as is associated with the UMMA.
Images in the Collection/Archives Pages
You will use the images contained in the Collections/Archives pages only in a non-profit educational context. You may not copy or use the images for any other purpose. Downloading of the images is strictly prohibited.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The UMMA makes no representation of any kind regarding the Site Content or any portion thereof. All Site Content is provided in "AS IS" condition, and the UMMA expressly disclaims any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular use.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
The UMMA web site (excluding links to web sites operated by others) is controlled and operated by the UMMA from its offices in and around Honolulu, Hawaii. Although the UMMA has made no effort to publish the UMMA sites elsewhere, they are accessible in all fifty U.S. states and in other countries due to their presence on the worldwide web. As each of these states and countries have laws which may differ from those of the State of Hawaii and from each other, and as you and the UMMA both benefit from establishing a predictable legal environment in which to publish, access, and use the UMMA web site, by publishing, accessing, and/or using the sites you agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of the sites will be governed by the laws of the State of Hawaii, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. You agree that all claims you may have arising from or relating to the operation or use of the UMMA web sites will be heard and resolved in the courts of Honolulu, Hawaii. You consent to personal jurisdiction of such courts over you, stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceeding in such courts, and covenant not to assert any objection to proceeding in such courts. If you choose to access the Hawaii web site from locations other than Honolulu, Hawaii, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other locations.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the UMMA harmless from all claims, causes, allegations, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys' fees) judgments, liabilities, losses, and damages arising from or relating to your use of or operation of the UMMA web site.