History will come to life at Ford Island as the Battleship Missouri Memorial hosts “Living History Day” on Saturday, January 28, 2017. Festivities will feature fun and educational exhibits and activities from a collection of historical attractions, organizations, and active military commands, including:
- Displays of military vehicles, memorabilia and weaponry;
- Bands playing patriotic music;
- Oral history presentations;
- Re-enactors in historical period dress and costumes
- Static displays from active-duty military units
- Vintage aircraft flyover
The daylong celebration will also commemorate two important anniversaries for America’s last and most famous battleship – the 73rd anniversary of the USS Missouri’s launch into service in 1944 and the 18th anniversary of its opening as the Battleship Missouri Memorial in Pearl Harbor.
Admission to Living History Day is free for Hawaii residents, military and members of the Battleship Missouri Memorial Association. ID is required.
For more information contact: David Suhs 808-455-1600 (x. 250) or DavidS@ussmissouri.org.